GPS Units - Accessories
Autopilots - Marine
EPIRBs & PLBs
Fitness, Sports & Golf
Maps & Software
Hiking & Handheld GPS
Laptop & Tablet GPS
Off Road GPS
Stereos & Speakers
Top Choice Products
Truck & RV GPS
Flir Thermal Imaging
Fujinon Marine Binoculars
Furuno Marine Electronics
Icom Marine Radios
KVH Satellite TV
Lumishore LED Lights
Magellan GPS Systems
Nocqua Power Kits
Poly Planar Stereos
Si-Tex Marine Electronics
Viking Life Rafts
The Advantages of Fishfinders
Fish finders are apparatus used to seek and catch fish, and their important in locating specific aqua creatures under water. Fish finders gives the fisherman the options of viewing the depth, aqua structure, fish hiding locations, speed and also depth temperature. The display comes in black or colored screen and incorporates sonar signals. These signals locate and give back visual images of both still and moving objects below the water surface. A transducer converts electrical impulses from the fish finder to sound signals. These waves travel down through the depth of the water to the bottom surface or on a fish and the return echoes which are picked up by the fish finder transducer, which in turn converts it to electric impulses. These electric impulses are the ones that are sent back to the fish finder where they get converted into a symbols or a pictures.
- The fish finder uses advanced GPS system that can show the location of the vessel as it moves on water.
- The screen's features are easy to use and have the capability to locate fish in all terrains of water.
- Can be used in different weather patterns like for example the rain, snow, under ice fishing, on fast flowing lakes and aggressive rivers.
- Some fish finders have a noise reduction feature that can captures even images of fast moving prey.
- A temperature gauge is a feature in the fish finder that is used to locate the exact location of the fish especially during the spawning time.
- Just like home decoders, fish finders have trackback capabilities that can be used to review the movements a vessel has made.
- A speedometer is also featured which assist the fisherman in checking the speed of the boat. This is important because driving fast scares away the fish.
- Black and white fish finders are cheaper than the rest of the fishfinders in the market.
- Depending on the depth of the water, fish finders are available in different power voltages .If the waters are deep salty waters, a fish finder with a high peak watt can be used.
- The black and white fish finders come with an option of the number of pixels to be displayed depending on the quality required. In the event you want a fish finder that has a better image, then you will have to choose the one with a higher pixel.
- A side scan gives you the option of finding fish on either the left or right side of the boat. This increases your view of your surroundings and in turn shows you more fish.
- The fishfinders can be used to fish as a port, commercially or for pleasure.
- The fish finders have the capability to figure out the difference between the bottom of a water body and a large rock depending on the strength of the reflected electric signal.
- Fish finders have a number of useful features among them being zoom, depth, and fish alarms.
- They can also afford a great contrast that is easily seen in bright daylight.
- They are user friendly with easy to use icons.